Wednesday 9 September 2009

Fundraising can be Heart Warming ...

.... in more ways than one! I am doing the Cardiff Half Marathon on 18th October and raising money for Cancer Research UK. It is such an incredible feeling when someone sponsors me.
 

Because during these tricky times they have put their hand in their pocket and shared their hard earned cash with me for my cause.

Because I think of all the good it will do.

 

Cancer Research UK is entirely funded by the public, so they rely on people like me and you to help them continue their life-saving work.

But on the flip side, the other way Fundraising can be "heart warming" is when a non-runner like me has to go out and run 8 miles!!! My heart rate went through the roof today!
 

This was without any shadow of a doubt the hardest run I have ever done.
You can see details of my workout by clicking here.

The thing people always say about exercise is it's great because it increases the endorphins in your body which put you on a real high.
 

Today was not one of those endorphin enducing days - I was so shattered after the run that my heart rate was still up at 145 as I lay on the carpet trying to recover. Even after my shower those elusive endorphins didn't show up.
 

But I am so thrilled that I was able to run 8 miles without stopping! I still can't believe it! In fact, as I write this entry I can feel the first waves of endorphins kicking in. I think I'll sleep well tonight!

You can help support me in this mad cause by sponsoring me. Just click here.
Thank you in advance for your support.


Remember by giving, you are warming my heart in the right way; without me collapsing on the carpet from exhaustion!

Thanks again.


No comments:

Post a Comment